- 1 pound fresh shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- ½ green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- ½ large yellow or red onion, sliced
- 2 limes: cut one lime and half of the other into wedges, and juice the remaining lime half
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp plus ⅓ cup olive oil, divided
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp sweet paprika
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Make the marinade:
- Combine the lime juice and garlic in the blender, on low speed. Slowly add the remaining oil and blend until mixed. Stop the blender.
- Add the salt and spices. Pulse once to combine.
- Pour the marinade into the zip-seal plastic bag. Add the shrimp, tossing to coat. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- While your marinade is cooling, prepare the peppers:
- In the small bowl, toss the bell peppers and onion in olive oil until coated. Arrange them on the baking pan in a single layer.
- Roast for 10 minutes.
- When the peppers are finished roasting, remove them from the oven.
- Use the slotted spoon to remove the shrimp from the marinade. Sprinkle the shrimp on top of the roasted veggies.
- Roast the shrimp and veggies until pink (about 8 additional minutes).
- Serve with lime wedges. Enjoy!
SEAFOOD USED IN THIS RECIPE: