Char-Grilled Salmon Rice Bowl with Peanut Sauce
Wild salmon skewers on a bed of delicious veggies, rice and peanut sauce — a zesty combination that is nothing short of delicious. Pro-tip: prepare the greens ahead of time and assemble for an easy, healthy lunch!
Recipe courtesy of Alaska Seafood.
prepared or bottled Thai peanut sauce
- 2 cups English cucumber, halved lengthwise, then thin-sliced
- 2 cups cherry/pear tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup red onion, half-moon slivered
- 3 cups cooked brown rice, kept warm
- ¼ tsp nigella seed or black sesame seed
- ½ Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
4 wild salmon portions
2 teaspoons canola oil
salt and pepper, to taste
8-12 cups mixed greens
FOR THE CUCUMBER TOMATO SALAD
FOR THE RICE
FOR THE SALMON
- Toss warm rice with nigella or black sesame seed, olive oil and salt/pepper. Refrigerate, covered, if not using immediately.
- Heat grill over medium-high heat. Rub canola oil on grill grates and metal skewers. Skewer salmon. Brush fish with additional canola oil, then salt/pepper to taste. Cook for a few minutes on each side, until slightly charred. Remove skewers from the grill.
- Place 2-3 cups mixed greens in the bottom of a large single-serving bowl. Add 3/4 cup rice. Add 3 small dollops of sauce onto greens and rice. Place 1 cup of cucumber tomato salad around the rice. Add a skewer of salmon, and 1 tbsp sauce. Garnish with chopped green onions, crushed peanuts and crispy fried garlic, as desired.