Mediterranean-Inspired Shrimp Scallop Pasta Recipe
This shrimp scallop pasta recipe brings the robust flavor of Mediterranean-inspired vegetables paired with savory shrimp & scallops.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 3 zucchini, chopped
- 1 can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 Tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups dry pasta
8 ounces fresh sea scallops
8 ounces fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ¼ cup black olives, sliced
Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the garlic and onion. Cover and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the onions and garlic are softened (about 1 minute).
- Add the diced tomatoes (and their liquid), tomato sauce, tomato paste, basil, oregano, red pepper flakes, and black pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low. Simmer uncovered until the sauce is reduced (about 10 minutes).
- While the sauce mixture is simmering, boil the pasta in the large pot to your desired firmness. Drain well and set aside.
- Add the shrimp, scallops, and olives to the simmering sauce. Cook uncovered over medium-high heat until the shrimp are pink and the scallops opaque (about 4 minutes).
- Serve the pasta topped with the shrimp-scallop mixture.