Parmesan Crusted Cod Recipe
Mild, flaky cod crowned with a golden, crunchy, cheesy breadcrumb topping? What’s not to love! The whole family will enjoy this easy cod recipe. Don’t have cod? Medium-firm white fish like halibut or haddock work just as well.
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, zest only, finely grated
- 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
4 x 8-ounce cod portions
- 2 small butter lettuce, leaves separated
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and cut into strips
- 1 carrot, peeled and julienned or grated
- 1 small fennel bulb, fronds trimmed, bulb thinly sliced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh basil, sliced
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Pour the milk into a baking dish or roasting tray.
In a mixing bowl, stir together the breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, garlic, lemon zest, parsley, chives, melted butter, mustard, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper using a fork.
- Cut the fish fillets into eight even pieces; season with a little salt and pepper.
- Top with the breadcrumb mixture, spreading it out evenly; transfer the fish to the baking dish, evenly spacing the fillets apart.
- Bake until the fish is flaky and opaque in appearance and the crust is golden brown, 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and loosely cover with aluminum foil to keep warm until ready to serve.
- In a serving bowl, combine the lettuce, bell pepper, carrot, fennel, and basil; toss to combine. Serve alongside the fish.