Perfect Grilled Stuffed Clams Recipe
We love stuffed clams, and we love grilled clams. What happens if you combine the two? Grilled stuffed clams are a little smoky, a little briny, and a lot of delicious. This might just be our new favorite way to eat clams.
24 fresh clams, such as Topneck Clams
- 1 stick butter
- 4 shallots, diced
- 2¼ cups breadcrumbs
- 1¼ cup parmesan, finely grated
- 2 Tablespoons fresh tarragon, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Scrub clams and rinse well under cold running water.
- Place clams directly on the hot grill and wait for them to open, about 5 minutes. Carefully remove from the grill and place on a tray to cool slightly.
- While the clams are cooling, melt the butter in a pan over medium heat. Add shallots and sauté until golden, 3-5 minutes.
- Once the clams are cool enough to handle, remove clam meat from the shell and chop. Take the butter and shallot mixture off the heat, then add the chopped clams, 2 cups of breadcrumbs, 1 cup of parmesan, tarragon and basil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon the mixture evenly back into the clam shells, top with ¼ cup of breadcrumbs and ¼ cup of parmesan, and return to the grill for 5 minutes. Remove and serve immediately.