Seared Alaska Salmon with Green Olive Salsa Verde
Delicious wild salmon pairs beautifully with the bold and bright flavors of lemons and olives. Elevate your next weeknight dinner with this fabulous and easy recipe that’s on your plate within 15 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of Alaska Seafood.
- ½ cup coarsely chopped parsley leaves
- ⅓ cup pitted Castelvetrano olives, coarsely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons sliced chives
- 1 Tablespoon minced shallot
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon zest
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ to ½ teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 3½ Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoons smoked paprika
4 x 6-ounce wild salmon portions
2 small lemons, halved
PREPARE SALSA VERDE
Stir together parsley, olives, chives, shallot, zest, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil tossing to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Combine paprika, 1 teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper. Sprinkle and rub paprika mixture onto portions. Heat a large heavy skillet over medium heat until hot; add remaining 1½ Tablespoons oil swirling to coat.
Add portions skin side up and cook until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Turn fillets over and cook until golden and just cooked through, about 3 to 4 minutes. Remove and let stand a few minutes.
Cook lemon halves cut side down until charred, about 2 to 3 minutes.
Arrange portions on a serving dish. Spoon salsa verde on top of filets. Serve warm with charred lemons.