Seared Asian Tuna Recipe
Pan searing tuna has never been easier with this seared Asian tuna recipe.
4 x 8-ounce tuna steaks, approximately 1 inch thick
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon coarsely cracked black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 Tablespoons sesame oil
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons scallions, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons soy sauce
- ½ cup orange juice
- Sprinkle the tuna on both sides with the salt. Then sprinkle with the black pepper, pressing to adhere.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large frying pan over moderate heat. Add the tuna and sear for 2 minutes on both sides for medium rare. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Reduce the heat and add the sesame oil, ginger, garlic and scallions. Cook, stirring for 1 minute. In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce and orange juice.
- Add the orange juice mixture and simmer for about 2 minutes. Plate the tuna and serve with the sauce.