Seared Dry Scallops with Chimichurri Recipe
Enjoy this fabulous recipe for seared dry sea scallops with chimichurri that's guaranteed to please. Add fresh arugula and pomegranate seeds for some added flavor.
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- ¾ cup canola or olive oil, plus 3 Tablespoons
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon red onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
1 dozen u/10 dry sea scallops
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Season scallops with salt and pepper.
- Heat pan over medium high heat. Add canola oil once the pan is hot.
- Sauté the scallops on one side for 2 minutes or until golden in color. Flip scallops over and cook for an additional 1 minute. Remove scallops from pan.
- Place one tablespoon of chimichurri sauce on plate, place scallops on top.