Smoked Salmon Avocado Toast Recipe
Avocado toast is a brunch favorite - it's healthy, colorful and delicious, but did you know how easy it is to make at home? Our avocado toast recipe makes a perfect breakfast or lunch that allows the mild flavor of smoked salmon to truly shine!
2 x 8-ounce ripe avocado, halved and pitted
- fine salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices whole grain, whole wheat, or brown bread
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and halved
- 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil or unsalted butter, softened
4 ounces smoked salmon
- crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- Season the avocado halves with salt and pepper
- Toast the bread until browned and crisp.
- Lightly rub 1 side of each slice with the cut side of the garlic until fragrant; discard the garlic.
- Lightly brush the toasts with oil, and season with fine salt and pepper.
- Place ½ of an avocado on each toast with 1 ounce of smoked salmon and top with more sea salt, more black pepper and red pepper flakes if using.
- Drizzle with olive oil, garnish with microgreens and serve.