Weeknight Mackerel Stew Recipe
Our Weeknight Mackerel Stew recipe is ideal for a cold night! Rich coconut milk and sweet bell peppers add a creamy sweetness to the robust flavors of omega-3 packed king mackerel. This recipe can be on the table in less than 30 minutes, making it perfect for busy weeknights.
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup diced onion
- ½ cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 15-ounce can fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 cup coconut milk
1 pound king mackerel, skin off, cut into 1-inch chunks
- lime wedges
- handful chopped cilantro
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium low. Add onion and pepper; cook until veggies are soft and onion is translucent.
- Add garlic and cook 1 minute longer.
- Add tomato paste, diced tomatoes, and coconut milk.
- Season with salt and pepper and add king mackerel. Cover and simmer stew for 8-10 minutes or until fish is just cooked.
- Serve warm with lime wedges and cilantro.