Baby octopus, like their larger family members, have a mild, sweet flavor but are much more tender. These cook up smooth with a firm, satisfying bite and full-bodied flavor. Baby octopus very easily pick up other flavors so are well suited for marinades. The quick-cooking high heat methods of grilling, sautéing, or deep frying are best as baby octopus can become tough if overcooked.
- If you are a fan of calamari you will love baby octopus!
- Our baby octopus is wild-caught and shipped frozen.
- Although called baby octopus they are actually a full-grown species of small octopus, not babies.
- Octopuses are cephalopods closely related to squid, calamari, and cuttlefish.
- Marinating before cooking will help tenderize the meat.
See My Order section of our FAQ page.