Kikkoman's Less Sodium Soy Sauce with its rich flavor, appetizing aroma, and distinctive amber color adds depth and appeal to all kinds of dishes Asian and beyond. Kikkoman Less Sodium Soy Sauce is brewed exactly the same way as all-purpose Kikkoman Soy Sauce. However, after the fermentation process is completed, approximately 40% of the salt is removed. Although there is less sodium, all the flavor and quality characteristics remain because it is aged before extracting the salt. Try it in your poke bowl or any other place you use soy sauce.
- It has a perfect balance of the 5 basic flavors of sweet, sour, salty, bitter and umami (savory).
- Especially rich in umami which comes from 20 amino acids generated during the production process.
- Brewed using “honjozo,” the traditional brewing method stipulated by Japanese law.
- 38% less sodium, with all the same rich, umami flavor.
- When using it while cooking, we recommend using it during the latter stage of cooking to maintain the full umami flavor.
- Certified Kosher
- Brewed in the USA.
- Made to the highest standards of quality that consumers have come to expect from Kikkoman.
There is a reason Kikkoman is a favorite among sushi chefs and restaurants across the world. Kikkoman started in Japan and has been perfecting their craft for hundreds of years. They use a traditional Japanese brewing method known as "honjozo" which is a natural brewing process using fermentation and only the best ingredients, including the original Kikkoman Aspergillus, which is a type of Koji mold (and a carefully guarded secret) that kicks off the fermentation process. Koji mold is perfectly safe and is designated as Japan's national fungus. It helps breakdown the soybeans to make Koji, the basis of soy sauce.