- 1 stick Butter
- ½ teaspoon Dried Thyme
- ¼ cup Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 1 small Onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup Red Bell Pepper, finely chopped
- ¼ cup Grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 cup Dried Breadcrumbs
- 8 slices precooked Bacon, cut into 2” pieces
- 24 large Clams, opened
- Preheat oven to 450° Fahrenheit.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter and sauté the onion and red bell pepper until soft, about 5 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, thyme, parsley and cheese. Add the melted butter mixture and combine well. Arrange the opened clams on a rimmed baking sheet. Place a slice of bacon on each clam, and top with the breadcrumb mixture.
- Bake for 5-8 minutes, or until the tops of the clams are golden brown.
FISH USED IN THIS RECIPEShop for Clams