Linguine with clams is the ultimate in comfort food. Briny, sweet clams tossed with pasta plus a little heat from red pepper flakes and garlic, it’s a restaurant favorite for good reason. Our classic recipe comes together in 15 minutes!
- 12 ounces linguine
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
- ½ cup white wine or water
- 2 pounds littleneck clams, cleaned
- Chopped fresh parsley to garnish
- Boil pasta until al dente.
- While pasta is cooking, melt the butter in a large skillet. Add garlic and red pepper flakes, if using, and cook for 1 minute, being careful not to burn the garlic or it will be bitter. Add the white wine or water, bring to a boil and cook to reduce the liquid by half, 2-3 minutes.
- Add the clams, cover with a tight-fitting lid, and cook until the clams have opened, 6-8 minutes. Discard any clams that remain unopened. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add the drained pasta to the clams and cook on low heat, stirring continuously for 1 minutes, to finishing cooking the pasta in the sauce. Garnish with parsley and serve.
SEAFOOD USED IN THIS RECIPE