Marinated Halibut Recipe
This Marinated Halibut recipe couldn't be easier or tastier. The firm, tender texture of fresh halibut holds up well to marinating, making this a family favorite. Once the marinating is done, dinner will be on the table in less than 15 minutes.
6 halibut portions
- 1½ Tablespoons light olive oil
- 8 Tablespoons olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 fresh basil leaves
- salt & pepper, to taste
3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- chopped parsley, to garnish
Combine the 8 Tablespoons olive oil, garlic, basil, salt, pepper and lemon juice in a large plastic bag.
- Add the fish and seal the bag. Be sure to turn it to coat the fish in the marinade. Refrigerate for up to 2 hours.
- In a large flat pan, spread light olive oil evenly on the surface. Warm over high heat until smoking. Add the marinated portions.
- Brush top and sides of the fish with marinade. Cook until seared (about 3 minutes) turn and sear other side (3 more minutes). Brush top and sides with marinade again.
- Reduce heat to medium. Cook 2-4 minutes more on each side depending on thickness. Continue brushing with marinade. Garnish with parsley, and serve.