Pan Fried Shad Roe Recipe
Enjoy the short shad season with this easy and quick pan fried shad roe recipe.
1 pair shad roe
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons sunflower or canola oil
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed
- Arrange the roe on a plate or platter lined with paper towels and gently pat dry with more paper towels.
- Carefully separate the lobes with scissors, taking care not to pierce the membrane.
- Preheat a large skillet over moderate heat until hot. As the skillet heats up, carefully dust the roe with the flour; season with the spices and some salt and pepper on both sides.
- Add the oil and butter to the skillet, letting the butter melt and foam. Add the roe to the pan and fry until golden brown on both sides, turning once, about 2 minutes per side.
- Serve straight from the pan with lemon wedges. Enjoy!