Pan Fried Whitefish with Corn, Avocado and Lime Relish Recipe
For a zesty meal, try our Pan-Fried Whitefish with Corn, Avocado, Lime and Basil Relish recipe that is as delicious as it is colorful.
- 1 cup cooked corn kernels
- 1 small red onion, minced (about ½ cup)
- 1 Hass avocado, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 tomato, diced (about 1 cup), or 1½ cups cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 2½ Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 Tablespoons fresh basil leaves, chopped
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
4 x 6-ounce whitefish fillets, skin on (patted dry with paper towels)
- Combine corn, red onion, avocado, tomato, red wine vinegar, lime juice, 1½ Tablespoons olive oil, and basil in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Season fish with salt and pepper. Melt butter and remaining 1 Tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until butter is foaming.
- Add fish, skin side-down, and cook, pressing gently on back of filets to ensure good contact with skin, until skin is crisp, 3 to 5 minutes. If skin shows resistance when attempting to lift with a spatula, allow it to continue to cook until it lifts easily. Flip fish and cook until just cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Transfer fish to plates, top with relish and serve immediately.