Pomegranate-Glazed Salmon with Oranges and Herbs Recipe
This pomegranate-glazed salmon recipe is an antioxidant powerhouse. It combines sweetly tart pomegranate molasses, vitamin C packed oranges, fresh herbs, and tender salmon for a healthy dish rich in textures and bright flavors.
1 pound variety of oranges, (we used cara cara, mandarin, and blood)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- salt and pepper
- 3 Tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- 3 Tablespoons sweet chili sauce
3-pound salmon fillet
- herbs of choice (we used dill, parsley, and chives)
Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Slice half the oranges thinly and reserve the remainder.
- Place the slices on a large foil-lined baking sheet, and drizzle with 1 Tablespoon olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Spread the orange slices in a single layer, overlapping as needed.
- In a small bowl mix pomegranate molasses and sweet chili sauce.
- Season the salmon fillet generously with salt and pepper, and place it on top the oranges in the center of the pan, skin-side down. Spread half of the molasses and chili mixture over the salmon evenly, reserving the remainder.
- Bake until salmon is just cooked through, about 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel and slice the remaining oranges into small pieces. Pick out any seeds.
- To the bowl of oranges add herbs, and 1 Tablespoon olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- When the salmon is done, immediately drizzle it with remaining pomegranate molasses sauce. Top with orange and herb mixture, and season with salt and pepper, to taste.