Popcorn Grouper Nuggets Recipe
Forget frozen fish sticks and try our popcorn Grouper recipe! Crispy bite-sized pieces of our fresh grouper fried to perfection served with our creamy remoulade sauce for dipping. Movie night or weeknight this fried fish recipe will please even the pickiest of eaters!
- 4 cups canola oil
1½ cups all-purpose flour, divided
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt, plus extra to serve
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 2 small egg yolks
- 1 cup club soda, cold
1 lemon, halved
1½ pound fresh grouper portions, skin off and cut into 1-inch chunks
6 ounces Fulton Fish Market Seafood Remoulade
- freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a Dutch oven or wok to 375°F; use an instant-read thermometer for accuracy.
- While the oil heats up, place ¼ cup flour in a shallow dish. Season with salt and pepper; set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the remaining 1¼ cups flour with the salt, garlic powder, paprika, and some pepper to taste. Add the egg yolks and club soda, whisking with a fork until the batter is of the consistency of heavy cream; it shouldn't be totally smooth.
- Heat a griddle pan or skillet over high heat until hot. Place the lemon halves in the pan, cut-side facing down, and grill until lightly charred, 1-2 minutes. Set off the heat until ready to serve.
- Pat the fish dry with paper towels. Transfer to the bowl with the seasoned flour and toss to coat, shaking off any excess.
- When the oil is ready, add the fish to the batter, gently turning to coat; remove from the batter and carefully lower into the hot oil, deep-frying until golden brown and crisp, turning as needed, 3-4 minutes.
- When ready, remove to a platter lined with paper towels using a slotted spoon or spider skimmer.
- Season the nuggets with some salt. Serve with the grilled lemon halves and Fulton Fish Market Seafood Remoulade on the side.