Shrimp and Broccoli Recipe
- 3 Tablespoons canola oil, divided
1½ pounds fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1½ - inch piece fresh root ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 red chili pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 large broccoli crown, prepared into florets
- 1 large bok choy head, sliced crosswise
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
2½ Tablespoons dark soy sauce
1½ Tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- Heat a large wok over high heat until hot.
- Add 1 Tablespoon canola oil, swirl to coat, and then add the shrimp and a pinch of salt, stir-frying until just pink, about 2 minutes. Tip out into a bowl.
- Return the wok to high heat and add the remaining 2 Tablespoons canola oil, swirling to coat. Add the onion, bell pepper, garlic, ginger, chili pepper, and a pinch of salt, stir-frying for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the broccoli, bok choy, and bean sprouts. Cover with a lid and cook over a slightly reduced heat until the broccoli is tender, 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the lid and stir in the sesame oil, soy sauce, vinegar, and shrimp. Continue to stir-fry until the shrimp are cooked through, 1-2 minutes longer.
- Serve straight from the wok for best results.