Trout Almondine Recipe
Trout with almonds and green beans may sound fancy, but there's no need to go out when you can have this classic French seafood recipe ready in under 30 minutes. Thanks to Seafood Nutrition Partnership for the recipe.
Recipe by Chef Kelly Armetta, Hyatt Regency Boston and courtesy of Seafood Nutrition Partnership.
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 pound rainbow trout fillets
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 1 cup green beans, canned or frozen
- 2 ounces almond slices
- 2 Tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 lemon, juiced
- ½ teaspoon parsley, dried
- Heat oil in pan.
- Salt & pepper the trout and dredge with flour. Shake off extra flour. Place trout into heated pan with oil and cook for 4 to 5 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile heat green beans in microwave for 2 minutes on High or until cooked. Place beans on plate and place trout on top.
- Using the same pan, add almonds to pan and lightly toast. Add butter and Worcestershire sauce, heat sauce until foam starts. Add lemon juice and parsley.
- Pour over fish and spoon almonds on top.