Whole Roasted Branzino with Tomatillos and Herbs Recipe
There is nothing quite like a beautiful fish served whole. The skin on this Mediterranean branzino is especially delicious served crispy as the meat turns out moist and juicy. For ease of serving, score the fish on the diagonal making three slices on each side. That way once cooked, you will be able to gently lift each piece off the body and serve. We love serving this roasted branzino with warm tortillas, grilled corn, salsa, and cilantro for delicious tacos at home.
1 lemon, sliced
2 - 2½ pound whole Branzino, cleaned, patted dry, and scored to the bone in 3 places on each side
- ¼ cup olive oil
1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 large garlic clove, sliced
- 6 fresh tomatillos, peeled
- ¼ cup Italian parsley, chopped
- Preheat your broiler to high, positioning the rack 10 inches below the heat. Line a jelly roll baking sheet or roasting tray with foil. Place fish on foil. Sprinkle inside and outside of the fish with salt and pepper. Place the lemon slices and garlic into the cavity.
- Drizzle the olive oil and lemon juice over the fish.
- Place the tomatillos on the baking sheet. Broil fish until cooked through and skin is crisp, about 5 minutes per side. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the chopped parsley.