Wild Salmon Lettuce Wraps Recipe
Salmon lettuce wraps are a family favorite - especially made with luscious wild salmon which is always silky soft and never dry. Our recipe comes with quick pickled carrots which add a lovely crunch. Lay out all the ingredients and have everyone make their own wraps - delicious, messy fun! Recipe by Casey Landaluce.
1 pound wild sockeye salmon
- salt & pepper
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 12 leaves butter lettuce
- 1 cup sliced cucumber
- 1 cup pickled carrots
- ⅓ cup each fresh herbs: basil, mint, cilantro
- ½ cup chopped peanuts
- 1 cup dipping sauce of choice: nuoc cham, peanut sauce, or sweet chili sauce
- 1 cup julienned carrots
- ¼ cup unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon salt
Combine vinegar, honey and salt in a small saucepan. Heat until dissolved, then add carrots.
Let cool and refrigerate for an hour, preferably overnight.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in pan over medium-high heat.
- Add salmon flesh side down and cook for 3 minutes. Flip salmon and cook 2-4 minutes, or until just cooked through.
- Gently flake salmon, and arrange on platter with the vegetables and herbs.
- Offer the peanuts and dipping sauce on the side.
- To assemble, place about one ounce of cooked salmon in a lettuce cup then add vegetables and herbs and top with peanuts and a drizzle of sauce.