Hokkaido soy sauce marinated salmon roe, or shoyu ikura, has a bold rich flavor, gorgeous red color and a thicker skin to give it a satisfying pop. A favorite among top chefs, Hokkaido salmon roe is delicious served with blinis and sour cream, atop a steaming bowl of rice, or simply on a spoon. Rich and luxurious Hokkaido soy sauce marinated salmon roe makes for a great addition to your next dinner party.
- Our Hokkaido soy sauce marinated salmon roe is wild-caught and processed in Hokkaido, Japan and hand-packed in the USA.
- The Oyashio Current brings the Hokkaido coast plenty of plankton and mineral-rich, low-salt cold water that creates ideal conditions for high-quality seafood.
- Our Hokkaido soy sauce marinated salmon roe is sourced from Ocean Queen, a small family-owned business selling high-quality seafood since 1974.
It doesn’t get better than our Grade A uni wild-harvested from Santa Barbara. Grade A uni is renowned for its bright yellow to gold color, rich, buttery texture and briny, umami flavor. West coast uni is milder than east coast uni and larger in size. Don’t miss the opportunity to sample this luxurious delicacy on its own, as sushi, over pasta or with eggs.
- Grade A uni comes from the sunny shores of Santa Barbara, renowned the world over for its premium uni.
- It takes roughly three whole sea urchins to make each 100g uni tray.
- When harvested, the uni is minimally processed to retain its natural flavor.
- Our Grade A uni is washed in a saltwater brine upon harvest to help retain its shape, color, and freshness.
- Ocean Queen reports every catch to the U.S. Department of Fish & Wildlife Services, and has a mission dedicated to sustainable seafood.
- Ocean Queen is HACCP certified, ensuring optimal food safety and product quality.
- Sea urchin is often referred to as roe but is actually the organ that produces the roe.
100g West Coast Grade A Uni Roe
3.5oz Jar Hokkaido Shoyu Ikura (Hokkaido Soy Sauce Marinated Salmon Roe)
West Coast Grade A Uni Roe: Sea Urchin Roe.
Hokkaido Shoyu Ikura: Salmon Roe, Soy Sauce, Salt, Kelp Soup Stock, Sugar.
See My Order section of our FAQ page.