Save 0% Save %Dozen
Original price $38.99 - Original price $38.99
$38.99 - $38.99
Current price $38.99
Our Kumamoto oysters, or "Kumies," as they are lovingly called, are creamy and mild, with a deliciously sweet, almost melon flavor, and fresh fruity aroma. Taking 3-4 years to g... Read More
Our Kumamoto oysters, or "Kumies," as they are lovingly called, are creamy and mild, with a deliciously sweet, almost melon flavor, and fresh fruity aroma. Taking 3-4 years to grow before they are harvested, Kumamoto oysters are worth the wait! Easily a favorite of beginner and oyster lovers alike, this is a must-have at your next dinner party. The beautiful, fluted shells of the Kumamoto make for an impressive display and will be the ultimate crowd pleaser.
- Kumamoto oysters are originally from Kumamoto Bay in Japan, which is how they got their name, and were introduced in the US in 1945.
- Our Kumamoto oysters are harvested from the cold fresh waters of the Puget Sound in Washington.
- These delicious Kumamoto oysters are delivered live, you can't get any fresher than that.
- These are a West Coast oyster. While it depends on the variety, West Coast oysters are typically a bit smaller, with a deeper cup compared to East Coast oysters. They have a slightly sweeter taste, with a subtle mineral flavor, as compared to a more briny, savory flavor of East Coast oysters. The best way to find your favorite is to try a few of each.
- The natural juice inside raw oysters is called liquor.
Servings Per Container:
6 medium oysters (3 oz)
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4g
Saturated Fat 1g
% Daily Value*
Total Carbohydrate 6g
Omega 3 500mg
Source: US Food & Drug Administration
Country of Origin
Methods of Catch
Bodies of Water
Benthic Zone: The lowest level of a body of water, such as the bottom of an ocean, lake, or river.
(minimum number of days from delivery)
Contains: Mollusk Shellfish (Kumamoto Oyster) Produced in a facility that processes fish and shellfish
Packaging for Item
Packaged in nets to allow the shellfish to breathe.
Packaging for Order
See My Order section of our FAQ page.
Where This Is Shipped From
This product will be shipped from the Fulton Fish Market in New York City.
Storage & Handling
Consuming raw or undercooked meats, poultry, seafood, shellfish, or eggs may increase your risk of foodborne illness. We recommend cooking your seafood to an internal temperature of 145°F for 15 seconds.