Our soft shell blue crabs have a rich, sweet, buttery taste, with a slightly crunchy shell, and are full of pure crab flavor. They are eaten whole: shell, legs, and all, so you don’t have to pick at the meat. Soft shell blue crabs are regular hardshell crabs that have molted and their new shell hasn't developed yet. A popular choice for crab lovers, we are sure our prime soft shell blue crabs will quickly become your new summertime favorite!
- Our soft shell blue crabs come fully dressed, meaning we do all the dirty work for you. We've removed the gills, the eyes, the mouth and the apron so all you need to do is cook and enjoy.
- We typically source our soft shell blue crabs from the Chesapeake Bay.
- Blue crabs are one of the most important commercial and recreational catches in the Chesapeake Bay.
- Soft shell crab season starts at the first full moon in May and goes thru September.
- The blue crabs scientific name comes from the Greek words for “beautiful” and “swimmer.”
- Measurements are taken from point to point.
Source: US Food & Drug Administration
See My Order section of our FAQ page.
Consuming raw or undercooked meats, poultry, seafood, shellfish, or eggs may increase your risk of foodborne illness. We recommend cooking your seafood to an internal temperature of 145°F for 15 seconds.