- Large bowl
- 1 lb plus 2 ounces mahi mahi or tilapia fillet, cubed
- ¼ cup celery, chopped
- 1 red onion:
- 2 Tbsp chopped
- Remainder cut into matchstick-sized strips
- 1 ½ tsp fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 6 Tbsp fresh cilantro, divided and chopped
- 2 tsp red jalapeño chiles, seeded and minced
- 6-ounce red-skinned sweet potato (yam), peeled, sliced into ¼ inch-thick rounds, boiled for 5 minutes, drained, and cooled
- ¾ cup corn kernels, steamed
- 1 cup fresh Key lime juice
- ⅔ cup clam juice
- 2 tsp salt, divided
- In the blender, puree the lime juice, clam juice, celery, red onion, ginger, garlic, 4 tablespoons of the cilantro, 1 ½ teaspoons salt, and ½ cup of the fish.
- Strain the pureed mixture to remove excess juice. Retain the puree in the large bowl.
- Add the remaining fish, cilantro, and salt, as well as the chiles and red onion. Stir to coat.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap. Marinate, refrigerated, for two hours, stirring occasionally.
- Serve chilled with the yams and corn.