- 6 halibut fillets, skin removed
- 1 ½ tablespoons light olive oil
- 8 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 small garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 4 leaves of fresh basil
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Chopped parsley to garnish
- Combine the 8 tablespoons olive oil, garlic, basil, salt, pepper and lemon juice in a large plastic bag.
- Add the fish and seal the bag. Be sure to turn it to coat the fish in the marinade. Refrigerate for up to 2 hours.
- In a large flat pan, spread oil evenly on the surface. Warm over high heat until smoking. Add the marinated fillets.
- Brush top and sides of the fish with marinade. Cook until seared (about 3 minutes) turn and sear other side (3 more minutes). Brush top and sides with marinade again.
- Reduce heat to medium. Cook 2-4 minutes more on each side depending on thickness. Continue brushing with marinade. Garnish with parsley, and serve immediately!
FISH USED IN THIS RECIPEShop for Halibut