January is Slow Cooker Month, and in honor of our favorite stress-free kitchen hero, we’re kicking off a month of slow cooker seafood recipes with our slow cooker lobster mac and cheese recipe.
Here’s an instant classic easily prepared in a slow cooker with our cooked lobster meat. Tender pasta, sweet claw meat, and three (yes, three!) cheeses meld into an indulgent “heaven in a bowl”.
For a tasty crispy topping, transfer the cooked lobster mac and cheese to a cast iron pan, sprinkle with extra shredded cheddar, and place under the broiler for a few minutes.
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 stick butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded gouda cheese
- 1 cup shredded provolone cheese
- Frozen cooked lobster meat
- Seal unthawed lobster meat in a plastic bag, and submerge in a bowl of water. Place bowl in refrigerator to thaw.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions, rinse, and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt ½ stick of butter over low heat. Whisk in the flour until smooth, and cook for two minutes until mixture thickens. Add in milk, sour cream, remaining butter (cubed), onion powder, and salt and pepper, to taste. Fold in cheeses, and stir gently until melted.
- Transfer cooked macaroni to a greased 3-quart slow cooker. Gently stir in cheese mixture and one to 2 cups of thawed lobster meat. Cover and cook on low for 1 ½ to two hours, or until heated through.
SEAFOOD USED IN THIS RECIPEFrozen Cooked Lobster Meat