Grade B uni roe is wild-harvested from Santa Barbara, the uni capital of the west coast. With a buttery texture and mild, briny taste, this golden delicacy melts in your mouth and makes any meal feel extra luxurious. Grade B uni is slightly more muted in color and a bit less sweet compared to Grade A uni.
- Grade B uni comes from the sunny shores of Santa Barbara, renowned the world over for its premium uni.
- It takes roughly three whole sea urchins to make each 100g uni tray.
- When harvested, the uni is minimally processed to retain its natural flavor.
- We source our Grade B uni from Ocean Queen, which uses a brine to wash the uni upon harvest to help retain its shape, color, and freshness.
- Ocean Queen reports every catch to the U.S. Department of Fish & Wildlife Services, and has a mission dedicated to sustainable seafood.
- Ocean Queen is HACCP certified, ensuring optimal food safety and product quality.
- Did you know... the body of sea urchins has radial symmetry? That means that each sea urchin can be divided in five equal parts, thus 5 tongues of roe.
See My Order section of our FAQ page.